Ysgol Rhys Prichard,Llanymddyfri School PDG Statement
The Pupil Deprivation Grant (PDG) is allocated to schools with pupils who come from low-income families and are currently known to be eligible for free school meals (e-FSM) and pupils who have been looked after continuously for more than six months (LAC).
Schools are expected to make the best use of this funding to implement sustainable strategies that will quickly bring about changes for learners eligible for free school meals or who are LAC.
As a school we have agreed the following three steps:
- to identify the target group of pupils, its characteristics and needs
- to plan interventions which make the most effective use of resources
- to monitor and evaluate the impact of resources
In 2016-17 Ysgol Rhys Prichard was provided with a PDG allocation of £16,100.
At YSGOL RHYS PRICHARD we have a comprehensive plan, agreed and monitored by Carmarthenshire Local Authority and ERW, to promote progress and remove barriers to learning for students eligible for this funding.
We have used the funding available to:
- enhance teaching and learning by providing programme of support-
- identification of pupils
- organise assessment data and targets for the group
- provide intervention and support programmes that are proven to have the greatest impact and to be sustainable
- Chatt language screen
- Language Programmes
- Springboard , Catch Up Mathematics Intervention
- provide specific high quality training for school staff, including-
- Initial Chatt training –whole staff
- Specific Chatt training- LSA’s / ALNCo / Teachers
- implement and use data tracking systems to identify learners’ needs, target interventions and monitor impact.
- Develop INCERTS assessment programme to monitor children’s progress
- Use INCERTS assessment programme to assess needs
- improve individual skills
- Purchase relevant resources to support and improve individual skills e.g. Numeracy/Literacy resources
If you would like further information, please contact the school.